Labels

Monday 26 May 2014

Drifting

You swam away on the seas,
away from me.
and in my dreams I see you drift away

I tried, I tried,
to reach out to you

But I can hold no sway here
nor in the cataclysm of life
that happens sometimes -
or most of the time.

Nor in the power of the sky,
of the earth and the wild winds;
whose mighty gale took you,
without a second thought of me

I’ll say goodbye
and I’ll never know why
this crash of time and space and
who knows what,
ended up hurting us –
splitting us apart

I don’t ask for reason
I know now there is none to be had
when it comes to that whole question at all -
everything just is, and was, and will be

The march of time left you behind, and
I’m so sorry,  
that the wave didn’t  take me too –

but I’ll always be dreaming of you.



No comments:

Post a Comment